• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

Math Riddles

Like I said before..If people were receptive..this wouldn't be an issue.The cut and paste threads done seem to get ANY responses AT ALL.Yes people look..hell ..I LOOK!...and when I see its just you word barfing another internet article ..Im outta there...I dont read one word.
And I know..you were given permission..youve stated that...again and again and again!!...But lets be totally honest..you were doing these bullshit thread long before that lol...but you know what...have at it.Spam the fuck out of the room..Lets see how interactive the room stays .Cheers

yes i did it before too..then why point it out only now? and u know what im done with it...and im NOT spamming! stop stating that over and over again!seriously...and this wouldnt lead to far if u didn't post up things on forum and came directly on PMs...u r just showing the world what is happening here and it's not good for the forum....

but to be far..you could have taken this to pm too right?lol..ok..have fun

Wow, I logged in to see if I had any DMs and now I've been inexplicably tractor-beamed into answering these riddles; curses Bacongirl (seriously fun riddles bacongirl!)
answer riddle 1 start 888 (three 8's) + 88 (now at five 8's) +8+8+8 (eight 8's)
888+88=976 +8=984+8=992+8 =1000
ding ding winner winner chicken dinner

Nicely done, Steve! Imma try and get the rest :D

Riddle 02
Two fathers and two sons each eat an egg, totaling three!? That can't be! ... Unless

A (let's call him, Andy) is father to B (let's call him, Bob), and B is father to C (let's call him Chris). Andy is a father only, Bob is both a father and a son, and Chris is only a son. Three people, two fathers and two sons, eat three eggs, one egg each :D.

Riddle 03
Let's just assume the merchant wants to ship as few small boxes as possible! Well, 96 boxes is already divisible by 8 so VIOLA!!!!! he delivers 12 cartons of large boxes. 12 * 8 = 96 DONE!.

Oh, you wanted to also write the merchant wants to do it AS FEW CARTONS AS POSSIBLE. Well, WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU WRITE THAT THEN!!! (major over reaction) :Anger::mad::angry:

Nah, that's easy tho. 7 cartons of large boxes, (56 boxes total) and 4 cartons of small boxes (40 boxes total). 56 boxes + 40 boxes = 96 boxes total.

Riddle 04

If 9999 = 4, 8888 = 8, 1816 = 6, 1212 = 0, then 1919 =?

Riddle 04

I almost answered this wrong because I've done nearly identical to this one before, only it was 1818. PRETENDING the question had 1818 instead of 1816, this is how the problem is answered. 8888 + 1818 - 9999 + 1212 = 1919! Substitute! 8 + 6 - 4 + 0 = 10! 1212 = 10! THAT IS SO AESTHETICALLY PLEASING THO!

Answering the question as is? K, dropping some acid ...

There's 4 enclosed circles in 9999 but no other numerals to multiply them by so it's not 4 * 0 because fuck logic, we make our own rules here. So 9999 = 4 (multiplied by an imaginary 0). and 8 has 8 enclosed circles in its numerals, and again, no other numerals to multiply by, so it's not 8 * 0 because again, "fuck logic, we make our own rules here!" So, 8888 = 8 (multiplied by an IMAGINARY FUCKING 0 that is totally not making the answer 0). 1816 has 3 enclosed and 2 numerals that don't contain enclosed circles ... so like, multiply them by 2 other numerals because, we just gotta do that. I mean, you have to multiply things that are relevant to the answer by the things that are irrelevant because like, math. It's in the rules. 1212 has 0 enclosed circles in all its numerals. And 0 enclosed circles * by 4 irrelevant numerals = 0.
.˙. 1919 is 4 because 2 numerals with enclosed circles multiplied by two irrelevant numerals = 4.

I need to find a brick wall (to knock my head against) before I answer the last riddle.

Can you solve the below math riddles? :idea:Post up your answers!:Like:

Riddle 05

Foreign Country Riddle

In a certain country ½ of 5 = 3. If the same proportion holds, what is the value of 1/3 of 10 ?
I was considering answering this question with a video response:

... but I decided to let the good people of stack exchange explain why vague questions deserve vague answers.

From a false assumption you can derive anything. Answer what you want: it will be correct. For example: the answer is π^2, and I'll prove it. Suppose not. Then, by hypothesis, 5/2=35/2=3, so 5=65=6 and, substracting 55 to each side of equation, 0=10=1, a contradiction. So the answer is π^2.

OR

think this is more a question of language than of mathematics. (Indicated also by the fact that a "foreign country" is mentioned.) A possible understanding of "half" in this case would be that "half" is an operation that assigns integers to integers by splitting them in to parts as evenly as possible and then taking the largest part. In other words, by "half" of xx could mean the smallest integer that is not less then half (with its usual meaning) of xx, which we usually denote ⌈x2⌉⌈x2⌉. Based on this same understanding, a "third" of 1010 would mean ⌈103⌉⌈103⌉, which is 44. But the result you will get in the end will ultimately depend on the way of thinking in that country.

OR

I imagine this to be a problem caused by this foreign country not having the concept of the number zero. If you think about it as a number line, without a 0: enter image description here If you were to divide this line into two equal parts, you would draw a line through the tick that corresponds to the number 3. Therefore, you could say that "half of 5 is 3" The same goes for a number line that includes 1 through 10. If you wanted to divide that line into 3 equal parts, you would draw lines through the ticks that correspond to the number 4 and the number 7. Therefore, you could say that "One third of 10 is 4" and "two thirds of 10 is 7" which seems internally consistent because you could also claim that "one half of 7 is 4." Of course, this makes no sense and only shows up because this country apparently doesn't consider any numbers less than 1.

OR

if in that country, 5/2=35/2=3, then it seems that at least one of the symbols 55, 22 and 33 has not the meaning we assign to it. We cannot know what meaning those people assign to 1010, therefore the question cannot be answered. Of course, it could also be that the numbers are the same, but they consistently round fractional results to the nearest odd integer. In that case, 10/3=3+1/3=3.

IMHO all of the answers have a legitimate rationale.

BACONGIRL EXPLAIN RIDDLES PLEASE!!! imma go insane!!!!

Wow, I logged in to see if I had any DMs and now I've been inexplicably tractor-beamed into answering these riddles; curses Bacongirl (seriously fun riddles bacongirl!)

LOL!!! please dont curse me!!! im just trying to twist u people's brains a little... lol glad that you are interested btw...let me answer them now! :p

Riddle 02
Two fathers and two sons each eat an egg, totaling three!? That can't be! ... Unless

A (let's call him, Andy) is father to B (let's call him, Bob), and B is father to C (let's call him Chris). Andy is a father only, Bob is both a father and a son, and Chris is only a son. Three people, two fathers and two sons, eat three eggs, one egg each :D.

yes right! so simply lets say, A was the grandfather, B was the father and c was the son :) it makes them 2 fathers and 2 sons!!!:holiday:

Lets go to the Next one!!!! ;)

Riddle 03
Let's just assume the merchant wants to ship as few small boxes as possible! Well, 96 boxes is already divisible by 8 so VIOLA!!!!! he delivers 12 cartons of large boxes. 12 * 8 = 96 DONE!.

Oh, you wanted to also write the merchant wants to do it AS FEW CARTONS AS POSSIBLE. Well, WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU WRITE THAT THEN!!! (major over reaction) :Anger::mad::angry:

Nah, that's easy tho. 7 cartons of large boxes, (56 boxes total) and 4 cartons of small boxes (40 boxes total). 56 boxes + 40 boxes = 96 boxes total.

yes! lol you're correct Sir! here's the answer :
11 cartons total
7 large boxes (7 * 8 = 56 boxes)
4 small boxes (4 10 = 40 boxes
11 total cartons and 96 boxes

congats!!!:Like: lol and for ur reaction ------> :heystop::tso:hehe

OK now the other one!!

Riddle 04

I almost answered this wrong because I've done nearly identical to this one before, only it was 1818. PRETENDING the question had 1818 instead of 1816, this is how the problem is answered. 8888 + 1818 - 9999 + 1212 = 1919! Substitute! 8 + 6 - 4 + 0 = 10! 1212 = 10! THAT IS SO AESTHETICALLY PLEASING THO!

Answering the question as is? K, dropping some acid ...

There's 4 enclosed circles in 9999 but no other numerals to multiply them by so it's not 4 * 0 because fuck logic, we make our own rules here. So 9999 = 4 (multiplied by an imaginary 0). and 8 has 8 enclosed circles in its numerals, and again, no other numerals to multiply by, so it's not 8 * 0 because again, "fuck logic, we make our own rules here!" So, 8888 = 8 (multiplied by an IMAGINARY FUCKING 0 that is totally not making the answer 0). 1816 has 3 enclosed and 2 numerals that don't contain enclosed circles ... so like, multiply them by 2 other numerals because, we just gotta do that. I mean, you have to multiply things that are relevant to the answer by the things that are irrelevant because like, math. It's in the rules. 1212 has 0 enclosed circles in all its numerals. And 0 enclosed circles * by 4 irrelevant numerals = 0.
.˙. 1919 is 4 because 2 numerals with enclosed circles multiplied by two irrelevant numerals = 4.

I need to find a brick wall (to knock my head against) before I answer the last riddle.

haha u cheater!!! let me post up the answer for Riddle 04:

Look at how many closed areas there are.
  • 9999 has 4 closed areas (the top of the '9')
  • 8888 has 8 closed areas, the top and bottom parts of the 8 and there are no other digits
  • 1816 has 3 closed areas, (top and bottom of 8 and bottom of 6, and it has 2 other digits ( 3*2=6)
  • 1212 has 0 closed areas,(0*4=0)
therefore, the answer is, like you said 4 since 1919 had 2 closed in areas in the 2 9's and there are 2 more numerals. so when u multiply 2 by 2. the answer is 4!!!

WELL DONE Sir!!!! :clapping:
ad yeah i know math has its own set of rules sometimes its better thats we dont question why...coz it will only make us even more confused! hehe
and yeah the logic they have used here, if we multiply 4 by 0 in the case of 9999 and 8 by 0 in 8888, the answer would be completely different...although it doesnt effect 1919, surely it does for 9999 and 8888. so lets just think. there's no other digits in 9999 and 8888 therefore lets only count up the closed areas and NOT try to multiply it by 0!! :nerdy:

bang!! here u go...:hitthewall: now u can bang until u find the answer!!! :Cwl::Devil:

... but I decided to let the good people of stack exchange explain why vague questions deserve vague answers.

From a false assumption you can derive anything. Answer what you want: it will be correct. For example: the answer is π^2, and I'll prove it. Suppose not. Then, by hypothesis, 5/2=35/2=3, so 5=65=6 and, substracting 55 to each side of equation, 0=10=1, a contradiction. So the answer is π^2.

:facepalm: lol

OR

think this is more a question of language than of mathematics. (Indicated also by the fact that a "foreign country" is mentioned.) A possible understanding of "half" in this case would be that "half" is an operation that assigns integers to integers by splitting them in to parts as evenly as possible and then taking the largest part. In other words, by "half" of xx could mean the smallest integer that is not less then half (with its usual meaning) of xx, which we usually denote ⌈x2⌉⌈x2⌉. Based on this same understanding, a "third" of 1010 would mean ⌈103⌉⌈103⌉, which is 44. But the result you will get in the end will ultimately depend on the way of thinking in that country.

hmmmmm that explains a lot btw.. :Drunk:

OR

I imagine this to be a problem caused by this foreign country not having the concept of the number zero. If you think about it as a number line, without a 0: enter image description here If you were to divide this line into two equal parts, you would draw a line through the tick that corresponds to the number 3. Therefore, you could say that "half of 5 is 3" The same goes for a number line that includes 1 through 10. If you wanted to divide that line into 3 equal parts, you would draw lines through the ticks that correspond to the number 4 and the number 7. Therefore, you could say that "One third of 10 is 4" and "two thirds of 10 is 7" which seems internally consistent because you could also claim that "one half of 7 is 4." Of course, this makes no sense and only shows up because this country apparently doesn't consider any numbers less than 1.

ok i like the way you think and look into these probs! let me show how its done with some explanations which will be useful for other users as well. :)

so according to that they say as "1/2 of 5 = 3", lets write it this way...

1 . 5 = 3

( where "dot" symbolizes multiplication, and in math basic rule BODMAS, "O" represent "of" which also denotes "( )" brackets, therefore, instead of a bracket here lets put the "." where it means the same multiplication as brackets :)

1 . 1 . 5 = 3 . 1
3 2 3

Now, we added 1/3 to both side...added actually means we are multiplying both sides by 1/3 to get rid of 3 on the right hand side (RHS). This is because we have to do the same to both sides if we ever wanna add something extra to solve the equation. adding the same to both sides cancels out the extra part we added remaining the equation as it was. so now the 3 . 1/3 part...it shows only one..since the two 3's are gone...and left hand side(LHS) is 5/6 :)

1 . 5 = 1

OK, so here's what u get...but we aren't done yet! in order to make it look more simple although the answer on LHS is equal, we will let it be as 1/6 x 5 :)

2 . 1 . 5 = 1 . 2

Like before, we are gonna multiple both the sides by 2 :) which simplifies 2 x 1/6 to 1/3... therefore its gives the below answer :)

1 . 5 = 2

2 . 1 . 5 = 2 . 2

So here, in order to get 10/3 we have to multiply LHS by 2 which will give us 10/3, and according to math rule we have to do the same to RHS too...therefore, when we multiply RHS by 2, that is 2 x 2 it gives us the answer 4!

10 = 4 Finally, we end up with this..and 4 is the answer!!! :cool1:

OR

if in that country, 5/2=35/2=3, then it seems that at least one of the symbols 55, 22 and 33 has not the meaning we assign to it. We cannot know what meaning those people assign to 1010, therefore the question cannot be answered. Of course, it could also be that the numbers are the same, but they consistently round fractional results to the nearest odd integer. In that case, 10/3=3+1/3=3.

Nope! we just can't insert the number the way want it..'cause math has its own set of rules which says we have to do the same to both sides... but "5/2=35/2=3" in this case i dont see what the logic is :shake: and once again i cannot agree with u on this "10/3=3+1/3=3".

IMHO all of the answers have a legitimate rationale.

BACONGIRL EXPLAIN RIDDLES PLEASE!!! imma go insane!!!!

DONE!!! i answered! :happy1:

Last edited:
Alright! So we have answered all the riddles...so here's another one! let's see who's gonna be the winner!!!! YAY!!! :D

Three Brothers on a Farm

Three brothers live in a farm. They agreed to buy new seeds: Adam and Ben would go and Charlie stayed to protect fields. Ben bought 75 sacks of wheat in the market whereas Adam bought 45 sacks. At home, they split the sacks equally. Charlie had paid 1400 dollars for the wheat. How much dollars did Ben and Adam get of the sum, considering equal split of the sacks?

Good Luck Guys!!!

answer riddle 1 start 888 (three 8's) + 88 (now at five 8's) +8+8+8 (eight 8's)
888+88=976 +8=984+8=992+8 =1000
ding ding winner winner chicken dinner
Steve congratulations lol I couldn't solve any of them lol

Alright! So we have answered all the riddles...so here's another one! let's see who's gonna be the winner!!!! YAY!!! :D

Three Brothers on a Farm

Three brothers live in a farm. They agreed to buy new seeds: Adam and Ben would go and Charlie stayed to protect fields. Ben bought 75 sacks of wheat in the market whereas Adam bought 45 sacks. At home, they split the sacks equally. Charlie had paid 1400 dollars for the wheat. How much dollars did Ben and Adam get of the sum, considering equal split of the sacks?

Good Luck Guys!!!
What can I say lol tried at least, but nah couldn't solve a thing! Lol

Three Brothers on a Farm

Good Luck Guys!!!

On first look charlie would pay 62.5% ($875) to Ben and 37.5% ($525) to Adam

This is gonna be my first post in the forum. so no dislikes pls.. :D :p

answers inline...

Riddle 01

How can you add eight 8's to get the number 1,000? (only use addition)>

** 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 **

Riddle 02

Two Fathers and Two Sons Riddle

Two fathers and two sons sat down to eat eggs for breakfast. They ate exactly three eggs, each person had an egg. The riddle is for you to explain how...

** 2 sons and a father of each son. The father being the same.. 3 ppl in total. **

Riddle 03

The Merchant

A merchant can place 8 large boxes or 10 small boxes into a carton for shipping. In one shipment, he sent a total of 96 boxes. If there are more large boxes than small boxes, how many cartons did he ship?

** Two possible answers.. This could be 56 large boxes and 40 smaller ones.. or 96 large boxes and 0 smaller ones.. it would be 11 and 12 cartons in each case. ** Assuming there should be atleast 1 small box.. it would be the former.. 11 cartons..

Riddle 04

If 9999 = 4, 8888 = 8, 1816 = 6, 1212 = 0, then 1919 =?

** 2... not math really.. it is d number of circles or closed curves in the number.. **

Riddle 05

Foreign Country Riddle

In a certain country ½ of 5 = 3. If the same proportion holds, what is the value of 1/3 of 10 ?

** 1/3 of 10 would be 2. **