Robiin
Power Player
There was someone who never really asked for much in love.
Not because they didn't want to be loved, but because they had slowly become used to being the one who gave.
When someone they loved was having a bad day, they were there.
When something went wrong, they tried to fix it.
They remembered the little things — birthdays, favourite songs, small preferences, random conversations from months ago.
They could tell when “I'm fine” didn't really mean fine.
But when they themselves felt ignored or unappreciated, they rarely complained.
They would just think,
“Maybe they don't know how to love me the way I love them.”
So they continued giving.
Not because they didn't need anything back, but because giving was simply how they knew how to love.
Then, one day, someone came into their life.
Nothing dramatic happened.
It started with little things.
“Did you reach home?”
“You sounded tired today. Are you okay?”
“You mentioned this once, so I remembered.”
“Don't worry, I've got you.”
At first, those things felt strange.
They weren't used to someone noticing the things they usually kept hidden.
Then came a day when they weren't okay.
Usually, they would've smiled, said “I'm fine,” and carried on.
But this time, someone noticed.
They didn't force them to talk.
They didn't give a long lecture.
They just stayed.
And somehow, that silence said more than words could.
For the first time, this person wasn't the one taking care of someone else.
Someone was taking care of them.
And strangely enough, that felt almost frightening.
They didn't know how to receive it.
They wondered whether it would last.
Whether there was a catch.
Whether they were asking for too much by simply accepting it.
Because when you've spent years being strong for everyone else, allowing someone to be there for you can feel unfamiliar.
Eventually, they understood something:
Maybe they weren't difficult to love.
Maybe they had simply spent so long giving love that they had forgotten what it felt like to receive it.
And perhaps that's what the right person changes.
Not who you are.
They just make you realise that you don't always have to be the strong one.
Sometimes you can have a bad day.
Sometimes you can say “I need you.”
Sometimes you can simply let someone care for you without wondering what you owe them in return.
And maybe the most beautiful part isn't finding someone to love.
Maybe it's finally meeting someone who makes you think,
“Oh… so this is what it feels like when someone chooses to take care of me too.”
Now I'm curious about something.
For those who have always been the giver in love, did you ever meet someone who made you experience the other side?
When someone started caring for you in the little ways you were always caring for others…
Did it feel natural to you, or did it actually feel uncomfortable at first?
Did you find yourself thinking, “Why are they doing so much for me?”
Or was there a moment when you finally realised,
“I've been giving love all this time… maybe I deserve to receive it too.”
Have you ever felt this? Tell me your experience.
Not because they didn't want to be loved, but because they had slowly become used to being the one who gave.
When someone they loved was having a bad day, they were there.
When something went wrong, they tried to fix it.
They remembered the little things — birthdays, favourite songs, small preferences, random conversations from months ago.
They could tell when “I'm fine” didn't really mean fine.
But when they themselves felt ignored or unappreciated, they rarely complained.
They would just think,
“Maybe they don't know how to love me the way I love them.”
So they continued giving.
Not because they didn't need anything back, but because giving was simply how they knew how to love.
Then, one day, someone came into their life.
Nothing dramatic happened.
It started with little things.
“Did you reach home?”
“You sounded tired today. Are you okay?”
“You mentioned this once, so I remembered.”
“Don't worry, I've got you.”
At first, those things felt strange.
They weren't used to someone noticing the things they usually kept hidden.
Then came a day when they weren't okay.
Usually, they would've smiled, said “I'm fine,” and carried on.
But this time, someone noticed.
They didn't force them to talk.
They didn't give a long lecture.
They just stayed.
And somehow, that silence said more than words could.
For the first time, this person wasn't the one taking care of someone else.
Someone was taking care of them.
And strangely enough, that felt almost frightening.
They didn't know how to receive it.
They wondered whether it would last.
Whether there was a catch.
Whether they were asking for too much by simply accepting it.
Because when you've spent years being strong for everyone else, allowing someone to be there for you can feel unfamiliar.
Eventually, they understood something:
Maybe they weren't difficult to love.
Maybe they had simply spent so long giving love that they had forgotten what it felt like to receive it.
And perhaps that's what the right person changes.
Not who you are.
They just make you realise that you don't always have to be the strong one.
Sometimes you can have a bad day.
Sometimes you can say “I need you.”
Sometimes you can simply let someone care for you without wondering what you owe them in return.
And maybe the most beautiful part isn't finding someone to love.
Maybe it's finally meeting someone who makes you think,
“Oh… so this is what it feels like when someone chooses to take care of me too.”
Now I'm curious about something.
For those who have always been the giver in love, did you ever meet someone who made you experience the other side?
When someone started caring for you in the little ways you were always caring for others…
Did it feel natural to you, or did it actually feel uncomfortable at first?
Did you find yourself thinking, “Why are they doing so much for me?”
Or was there a moment when you finally realised,
“I've been giving love all this time… maybe I deserve to receive it too.”
Have you ever felt this? Tell me your experience.
