As Lord Henry continued to listen to Serena's beautiful singing voice another voice called out to him from the garden, Lord Henry rushed outside into the garden with his artwork and saw his wife Lady Verity waiting. "What took you so long?" Asked Lady Verity, "I was deciding which piece of artwork to take" said Lord Henry and then smiled at her, "let us go inside, it's a little cold tonight" said Lady Verity.
Lord and Lady Rosewood went back inside the manor and then went into the living room and talked for a short time, they then decided it was time to call it a day and headed to bed for the night. Lord Henry lay in bed with Lady Verity sleeping beside him, he closed his eyes then he began to think about earlier when he accidentally walked in on Serena bathing herself.
"I must forget what I saw.." thought Lord Henry as he tried to get some sleep, he rolled to his other side and placed his arm around Lady Verity and held her until he finally fell asleep. Rosewood manor was now as silent as the dead, the wind outside began to howl as it stripped the leaves off the tree branches, a couple of hours later fog had appeared and enveloped the estate.
Then suddenly lord Henry awoke to hear the sound of horse's feet clip clopping against the stone ground outside, Lord Henry got out of bed and went to the window. Just as he had reached the window he looked out and saw something dark amongst the fog, a black horse and upon it's back a shadowy figure, then suddenly Lord Henry realised what he was looking at.
It was the headless horseman!, "what!?, that is not possible, the headless horseman is just an old legend.." thought Lord Henry as he watched closely. Then with a flash of lightning the headless horseman vanished into thin air, Lord Henry was disturbed by what he had just seen and quickly got back into bed with Lady Verity, Lord Henry remained awake from the next couple of hours before finally falling back to sleep again.
The next morning, 7:15 am...
It was Serena's first day as the Rosewood's new maid and she was already busy at work, breakfast had already been prepared and served and she was now cleaning the kitchen. Serena scrubbed the counter's clean and then began to mop the floor, as she cleaned the floor Serena began to hum a song to herself, then suddenly there was a knock at the door, Serena left the kitchen and went to answer the door.
"Hello miss, is Lord Henry at home?" Asked the man, "yes sir he is having breakfast" said Serena as she let the man inside. "My name is Doctor Tremas" said the man, Serena took Doctor Tremas to the dining room and introduced him to Lord and Lady Rosewood, "ah Doctor Tremas, what brings you here this early?" Asked Lady Verity, "I was just passing by and thought I'd come see how Lord Henry was doing" said Doctor Tremas.
Lady Verity excused herself and went upstairs to the bathroom as Doctor Tremas sat down, "a strange fog outside this morning" said Doctor Tremas as Serena left the room. "Yes I saw the fog last night, that is not all I saw either Doctor" said Lord Henry, "is that so?, what else did you see?" Asked Doctor Tremas, "I do not think you would believe me even if I told you" said Lord Henry.
"I have seen many things over the years Lord Henry, even some strange occurrences" said Doctor Tremas, "very well, I heard a sound outside last night so I got up to look and there it was amongst the fog..." Said Lord Henry. "What was it?" Asked Doctor Tremas, "it was...the headless horseman.." said Lord Henry, "what!?, but that is just a legend, nobody has ever seen it" said Doctor Tremas.
"Well I saw it clearly enough Doctor.." said Lord Henry, meanwhile in the hallway Serena had been eavesdropping on their conversation. Serena quickly went back into the kitchen and then continued to clean as Lady Verity came down the stairs, one hour later Doctor Tremas had left Rosewood manor as Lord Henry and Lady Verity sat outside in the gazebo, "Miss Thorn seems to be doing her job quite well" said Lord Henry.
"Yes my dear, Serena does seem to be fitting in well here" said Lady Verity as Lord Henry rubbed his eyes a little, "I could have done with a little more sleep, I was awoken during the night" said Lord Henry. "Oh why is that?" Asked Lady Verity, a moment later Lord Henry told her what he had seen during the night, "what!?, are you sure you were not just seeing things" said Lady Verity.
"I wish I was my dear but I saw the headless horseman clearly enough" said Lord Henry, "hmm well it could have been a trick of the light" said Lady Verity. "Hmm that may be the case but it seemed real to me" said Lord Henry as Serena came out of the house with some tea, "here is your tea Lord Henry, Lady Verity" said Serena as she placed the tray onto the table.
"Did you see anything last night Miss Thorn?" Asked Lord Henry, "no sir I did not, I was asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow" said Serena as she looked at the stables at the southern edge of the garden. "I must get back to my cleaning now" said Serena, as Serena walked back inside the manor, Lady Verity looked at her as she picked up her cup of tea.
"Hmm..." mumbled Lady Verity, "What is it Verity?" Said Lord Henry, "hmm I am not sure, there is something strange happening here..." Said Lady Verity. "Well the fog seems a little strange but other than that everything seems fine" said Lord Henry as he picked up his cup of tea, Lady Verity couldn't shake the feeling that something was not right at Rosewood manor but continued to drink her tea.
Later that day, 15:00 pm...
Serena was on her break and decided to leave the manor, she walked through the garden and towards the lake a few minutes walk away from the manor. A few minutes later she had arrived at the lake and stood there breathing in the fresh air, the lake water was as clear as crystal and shimmered in the light, several minutes later Serena undressed herself, she slipped off her apron and dress then climbed into the lake.
Serena stayed in the shallower part of the lake as to not get her hair wet, she moved her hands through the clear water and began to sing to herself. Drops of water dripped from her fingertips and splashed into the water creating ripples on the surface, Serena moved around in the water a little as she continued to sing to herself and the fog swirled around the area.
A few minutes later Lord Henry appeared at the lake, he heard Serena's beautiful siren like singing voice and moved a little closer. He moved quietly around some tall plants and watched her dripping drops of water upon herself, then suddenly Serena turned around and saw him, "oh it is you Lord Henry" said Serena, "I am just passing through Miss Thorn" said Lord Henry.
"You can call me Serena you know sir" said Serena, "as you wish Miss Thorn, I mean Serena.." said Lord Henry, "were you... watching me?" Asked Serena. "No no...not at all, I was just... heading to Doctor Tremas's house" said Lord Henry, Serena could see Lord Henry blushing a little and then smiled at him as she dripped a little more water upon herself, "I shall see you later, I must get to the Doctor's home before dinner" said Lord Henry.
Moments later Serena climbed out of the water, glistening water droplets trickled down her body as she stood there completely naked. Lord Henry couldn't help but to stare a little as Serena leaned over to pick up her clothes, then a moment later Lord Henry continued onwards towards Doctor Tremas's house as Serena dressed herself.
To be continued in Act 3
Lord and Lady Rosewood went back inside the manor and then went into the living room and talked for a short time, they then decided it was time to call it a day and headed to bed for the night. Lord Henry lay in bed with Lady Verity sleeping beside him, he closed his eyes then he began to think about earlier when he accidentally walked in on Serena bathing herself.
"I must forget what I saw.." thought Lord Henry as he tried to get some sleep, he rolled to his other side and placed his arm around Lady Verity and held her until he finally fell asleep. Rosewood manor was now as silent as the dead, the wind outside began to howl as it stripped the leaves off the tree branches, a couple of hours later fog had appeared and enveloped the estate.
Then suddenly lord Henry awoke to hear the sound of horse's feet clip clopping against the stone ground outside, Lord Henry got out of bed and went to the window. Just as he had reached the window he looked out and saw something dark amongst the fog, a black horse and upon it's back a shadowy figure, then suddenly Lord Henry realised what he was looking at.
It was the headless horseman!, "what!?, that is not possible, the headless horseman is just an old legend.." thought Lord Henry as he watched closely. Then with a flash of lightning the headless horseman vanished into thin air, Lord Henry was disturbed by what he had just seen and quickly got back into bed with Lady Verity, Lord Henry remained awake from the next couple of hours before finally falling back to sleep again.
The next morning, 7:15 am...
It was Serena's first day as the Rosewood's new maid and she was already busy at work, breakfast had already been prepared and served and she was now cleaning the kitchen. Serena scrubbed the counter's clean and then began to mop the floor, as she cleaned the floor Serena began to hum a song to herself, then suddenly there was a knock at the door, Serena left the kitchen and went to answer the door.
"Hello miss, is Lord Henry at home?" Asked the man, "yes sir he is having breakfast" said Serena as she let the man inside. "My name is Doctor Tremas" said the man, Serena took Doctor Tremas to the dining room and introduced him to Lord and Lady Rosewood, "ah Doctor Tremas, what brings you here this early?" Asked Lady Verity, "I was just passing by and thought I'd come see how Lord Henry was doing" said Doctor Tremas.
Lady Verity excused herself and went upstairs to the bathroom as Doctor Tremas sat down, "a strange fog outside this morning" said Doctor Tremas as Serena left the room. "Yes I saw the fog last night, that is not all I saw either Doctor" said Lord Henry, "is that so?, what else did you see?" Asked Doctor Tremas, "I do not think you would believe me even if I told you" said Lord Henry.
"I have seen many things over the years Lord Henry, even some strange occurrences" said Doctor Tremas, "very well, I heard a sound outside last night so I got up to look and there it was amongst the fog..." Said Lord Henry. "What was it?" Asked Doctor Tremas, "it was...the headless horseman.." said Lord Henry, "what!?, but that is just a legend, nobody has ever seen it" said Doctor Tremas.
"Well I saw it clearly enough Doctor.." said Lord Henry, meanwhile in the hallway Serena had been eavesdropping on their conversation. Serena quickly went back into the kitchen and then continued to clean as Lady Verity came down the stairs, one hour later Doctor Tremas had left Rosewood manor as Lord Henry and Lady Verity sat outside in the gazebo, "Miss Thorn seems to be doing her job quite well" said Lord Henry.
"Yes my dear, Serena does seem to be fitting in well here" said Lady Verity as Lord Henry rubbed his eyes a little, "I could have done with a little more sleep, I was awoken during the night" said Lord Henry. "Oh why is that?" Asked Lady Verity, a moment later Lord Henry told her what he had seen during the night, "what!?, are you sure you were not just seeing things" said Lady Verity.
"I wish I was my dear but I saw the headless horseman clearly enough" said Lord Henry, "hmm well it could have been a trick of the light" said Lady Verity. "Hmm that may be the case but it seemed real to me" said Lord Henry as Serena came out of the house with some tea, "here is your tea Lord Henry, Lady Verity" said Serena as she placed the tray onto the table.
"Did you see anything last night Miss Thorn?" Asked Lord Henry, "no sir I did not, I was asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow" said Serena as she looked at the stables at the southern edge of the garden. "I must get back to my cleaning now" said Serena, as Serena walked back inside the manor, Lady Verity looked at her as she picked up her cup of tea.
"Hmm..." mumbled Lady Verity, "What is it Verity?" Said Lord Henry, "hmm I am not sure, there is something strange happening here..." Said Lady Verity. "Well the fog seems a little strange but other than that everything seems fine" said Lord Henry as he picked up his cup of tea, Lady Verity couldn't shake the feeling that something was not right at Rosewood manor but continued to drink her tea.
Later that day, 15:00 pm...
Serena was on her break and decided to leave the manor, she walked through the garden and towards the lake a few minutes walk away from the manor. A few minutes later she had arrived at the lake and stood there breathing in the fresh air, the lake water was as clear as crystal and shimmered in the light, several minutes later Serena undressed herself, she slipped off her apron and dress then climbed into the lake.
Serena stayed in the shallower part of the lake as to not get her hair wet, she moved her hands through the clear water and began to sing to herself. Drops of water dripped from her fingertips and splashed into the water creating ripples on the surface, Serena moved around in the water a little as she continued to sing to herself and the fog swirled around the area.
A few minutes later Lord Henry appeared at the lake, he heard Serena's beautiful siren like singing voice and moved a little closer. He moved quietly around some tall plants and watched her dripping drops of water upon herself, then suddenly Serena turned around and saw him, "oh it is you Lord Henry" said Serena, "I am just passing through Miss Thorn" said Lord Henry.
"You can call me Serena you know sir" said Serena, "as you wish Miss Thorn, I mean Serena.." said Lord Henry, "were you... watching me?" Asked Serena. "No no...not at all, I was just... heading to Doctor Tremas's house" said Lord Henry, Serena could see Lord Henry blushing a little and then smiled at him as she dripped a little more water upon herself, "I shall see you later, I must get to the Doctor's home before dinner" said Lord Henry.
Moments later Serena climbed out of the water, glistening water droplets trickled down her body as she stood there completely naked. Lord Henry couldn't help but to stare a little as Serena leaned over to pick up her clothes, then a moment later Lord Henry continued onwards towards Doctor Tremas's house as Serena dressed herself.
To be continued in Act 3