MrDream
Wellknown Ace
When I was working, I visited the US for a project. It was my first visit to America, and I stayed in beautiful San Diego, California. There was a lot of pressure because of the responsibility.
I arrived on a Saturday. Our Engineering Head, was the first American I met there. A Californian by birth, he had lived in San Diego for almost twenty years.
On my first day, he picked me up and took me to the client’s office. But instead of making me work, he took me back to the hotel. To my surprise, he came to my room with an international adapter and a phone with three numbers saved—his, his wife’s, and his friend’s.
It was a simple gesture, but I felt cared for in a completely new country. From the next day, I started working, and although Peter was busy, he checked on me every day.
The following week, he took me to lunch with his wife at an Indian restaurant. They loved Indian food, especially tandoori, and even shared their food with me.
During a walk afterward, I learned it was their 17th wedding anniversary. They were a lovely, smiling couple, but behind the smiles was a deep sadness.
That same day, one of our colleague had become a father for the fourth time. He quietly said, “I don’t understand what God thinks. He gives four children to one person and none to us.”
His wife gently comforted him, saying their pets were their children.
And I stood there—a stranger from another country—watching their private pain, love and strength.
Years have passed, and we are no longer much in touch, but that couple has a permanent place in my heart. They changed the way I look at people. I learned not to judge anyone by nationality, appearance or first impressions.
Even today, I remember him not just as the strong, tough boss I knew at work, but as a man carrying a quiet pain inside—a man who never became a father in the worldly sense, yet carried a father’s love in his heart.
And beside him, his wife—quietly supporting him, sharing his pain, and loving him unconditionally.
I went to America for a project.
But I came back with a lesson I never expected: sometimes, strangers can touch your life more deeply than people you have known for years.
And after all these years, I still remember him—not the boss, but the man.
I arrived on a Saturday. Our Engineering Head, was the first American I met there. A Californian by birth, he had lived in San Diego for almost twenty years.
On my first day, he picked me up and took me to the client’s office. But instead of making me work, he took me back to the hotel. To my surprise, he came to my room with an international adapter and a phone with three numbers saved—his, his wife’s, and his friend’s.
It was a simple gesture, but I felt cared for in a completely new country. From the next day, I started working, and although Peter was busy, he checked on me every day.
The following week, he took me to lunch with his wife at an Indian restaurant. They loved Indian food, especially tandoori, and even shared their food with me.
During a walk afterward, I learned it was their 17th wedding anniversary. They were a lovely, smiling couple, but behind the smiles was a deep sadness.
That same day, one of our colleague had become a father for the fourth time. He quietly said, “I don’t understand what God thinks. He gives four children to one person and none to us.”
His wife gently comforted him, saying their pets were their children.
And I stood there—a stranger from another country—watching their private pain, love and strength.
Years have passed, and we are no longer much in touch, but that couple has a permanent place in my heart. They changed the way I look at people. I learned not to judge anyone by nationality, appearance or first impressions.
Even today, I remember him not just as the strong, tough boss I knew at work, but as a man carrying a quiet pain inside—a man who never became a father in the worldly sense, yet carried a father’s love in his heart.
And beside him, his wife—quietly supporting him, sharing his pain, and loving him unconditionally.
I went to America for a project.
But I came back with a lesson I never expected: sometimes, strangers can touch your life more deeply than people you have known for years.
And after all these years, I still remember him—not the boss, but the man.

