• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

Lost in the Wild...

Yes, I would still carry a Bic lighter too. Along with other methods.
I only like cause I know nothing lol I only practice other things lol but see, depending on my situation that might actually save my life lololol who knows hehe

Has anyone here ever been lost? I don't mean turned around in the mall lost either. I mean outdoors and it's going to get dark. The reality of it sets in and it hits you. Wow, I can't believe this, Now what am I going to do? My first and hopefully the last time. I was 11 years old and I'd been going to this area for years. It wasn't the type of country you'd think you could get lost in either. No trees, Our camp was on the highest hill in the area, and you could see for miles in all directions when you topped a hill. There is just no way a person could get lost.

It was Deer season, and we always headed out just before the sun came up to get to our favorite spots. So it was dark when I started out, When it became light I noticed it was very foggy, No Problem, it will break soon and I'll recognize where I'm at. It did...eventually but it lifted slowly that day. It was in November so the nights were getting very cold, but as in typical New Mexico fashion the days would warm up nice, and you'd shed jackets, gloves, etc. I was just excited, Couldn't wait to see those deer and wasn't paying the attention that I should of been. It had to of been around 10 am when everything cleared up enough I could see...I looked around in all directions...Everything looked exactly the same. I knew there was a windmill on our hill, So I sat down and began looking at all the distant hills with my rifle scope. Nothing to be seen at this point and I got a little concerned but didn't panic yet. It was still early. I'd just move on, eventually top another hill and spot it. So off hunting I go again. Not a care in the world. Later in the day, around noon I'm guessing by the location of the sun, with all the knowledge and skill that an 11 year old possesses I'm starting to think a little more seriously about the situation. It gets dark around 5 pm and I don't have a clue. I left camp that morning with a military canteen of water and by this time it was gone. I'd usually made it back to camp by now, Had lunch, refilled before heading out in the afternoon. Great, it's hot, I'm getting thirsty and I'm in a high desert environment..Water isn't just everywhere out here. I'm starting to get a little anxious, realizing what I've gotten my self into now. Due to the heavy fog and mist, which isn't common I was fortunate enough to find water sitting in the bowl of some rocks. Just enough to slurp up and get maybe one swallow. Yeah, with dirt and little bugs in it too, but I didn't care, I was that thirsty. Nothing looks right, Nothing is familiar and now I know I'm screwed and probably going to spend the night out here. In those days , I didn't carry any matches, a lighter, nothing to make a fire with. I already knew I'd feel better if I just had the ability to do that..but not this time. So I just keep walking and hoping. I'm betting now the entire time I was going farther away from where I wanted to be too. The sun is starting to get low, it's even with the horizon now. I'm staying high so maybe I'll see something..Soon. Walking along and i hear this clank, clank, the sound of hooves hitting rocks and up jumps this buck not 10 meters from me. I throw my rifle up and he's directly in line with the sun..Yesss, and he's got horns..Get him, Get him...Then...it hits me. What am I going to do with a deer out here? So I lower my rifle and let him run off into that sun. And I...start walking again. To where? Who knows. This ground is rocky, jagged, sharp rocks and they move when you step on them wrong. I can't believe that I'm taking this as calmly as I am tho, given the situation. My biggest fear is that my father is going to be PISSED at me. Now it's dusk, getting harder to see, and I notice Wayyyyyyyy down, and I do mean miles away, I'm starting to see other hunters camp fires. OK, so it means walking off the mountain, where I'm supposed to be, but it sure as heck beats out here alone..in the dark. So I head down and that way. It was around 8 pm by the time I walk into this camp. I can still remember the looks on those guys faces too. I bet the look on my face was something to see too...dumb kid. Of course they feed me, give me something to drink and we start making a plan to get me back to my camp. You guys know where Texas Hill is? Nope, Never heard of it..How about the Marathon plant? Nope, don't know where that is either. So far we're not doing too well are we? So we keep talking and I mention my father is an amateur radio operator and I'm sure he's frantic by now, and everyone in the world knows i'm a goner...Lost in the Wild...Maybe? That saves the day, These guys are from Carlsbad...a city somewhat near, only about 60 miles away. He knows a ham radio operator there too. They will take me there. Sure enough, we get to this radio operators house and he's smiling at me...Yup, I've already heard about you. He get's on his radio and tells my father where I am. I could hear the world give a sigh of relief. Heck I was world famous by now..Yay Me. I even made the news..Ohhhh Mannnnn. I thanked the people whole heartedly that brought me into town, They had a long way to go to get back and most hunters should of been in bed by now. After they leave, I'm just listening to this radio and hear all the chatter going on...still about me and I begin to worry..Dads on his way and he's gonna kick my ass. LOL...But, when he arrives..he's just happy, he even tells me...Well for fucking up so good, You actually did the right thing...sort of.

Needless to say I learned so much from that experience. I now study maps, carry a compass..even in familiar places. As well as carry a few small things I might need...Just in case. I have NOT been lost like that since. Don't plan on it either, even tho I'm now ready for what I refer to as inconvenient camping..at worst..or maybe a camping trip I didn't plan?

I am glad I never got lost in the wild, only in a mall once when I was 6. I lived in a small farm as a kid, and my sisters and I would often go exploring the surroundings. I used to wonder about with my dog following me around. Never got too far from the house, but then we moved to the city and there was no more exploring:)

Wow @Minos that was one heck of a story to remember... i was like damn how come it ended so soon lol if u ever publish a book with all ur life experiences i will be the first to buy those copies :D