• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

I promise...

Kamini

Infinity and Beyond
Posting Freak
I wonder why do people promise to each other. Is it because they love each other selflessly? Or is it because they want favours from the other person in the future?

In the end, promises are just words, they don't mean anything unless you are committed to them. But if you are a person of commitment, why promise in the first place? You can just do it, no need to make a promise. So we promise to gain trust, isn't it?

When you think about it, if you promise and later break it, you are not only breaking that promise but the trust they have in you. You might also break someone's heart as promises fuel expectations in others. Expectations when not met causes suffering. So by making a promise to someone, aren't you just dragging them to doorsteps of suffering?

In our lives, we lose most people by making promises to them. We try and fail, yet we keep on doing it. It is not that we are untrustworthy or want to hurt people but it is because of our inner desires. We seem to trust people who seem to use the word "promise", we want people to use that word as it gives us comfort. So we do the same thing to others, isn't it? We give that comfort to people, we promise not because we want to keep it but to give comfort or to extract favours from them in the future.

Human beings are drawn to things that give them pleasure or comfort. So we are bound to break them if breaking a promise gives us more pleasure or comfort. Most of us know that. So who are we making fools? People? Or ourselves??

Happy promise day btw
I'd rather not promise anything to anyone though
I'd rather leave room for the benefit of doubt

This is probably the only post I didn't get, maybe it is too late and I am tired.

But for me, I take promise from the other person to put them in discipline or to to improve something or to finish a task. Things like - Promise me you would do this by Saturday. Promise me you would come at 4 PM. Promise me you will go to salon. Promise me you would take tablets. I could have just said the same things as normal sentences but people are more inclined to do it, if you say promise. For me as a child, I did everything in my might, if someone said promise, it was like finishing a task or game.

Personally, there was just one promise I made to myself as a kid and I haven't broken it now. This promise is could have been easily broken but now I keep it for many reasons - one is I continued for so long, let me continue it. It is like my trademark now. Everyone I know in real, know about the promise and know I abide by it. Now too many people are related or involved and I don't want it to impact them.

Coming to matured talk, if you are age 20+ understand that promises hold no meaning in this generation as people are driven my emotions or what is easy. Seeing people taking promises about diet, abstaining from sex, smoking or drinking, weight, studies, exams, job, or whatever things. These are related to self discipline, need not promise to self or ask others, rather I would call them more like setting goals that is a better driver here.
Summarize in one sentence, what did you say above ?