• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

16 Essential Cooking Techniques

Babai_43

Senior's
Chat Pro User
Chat Moderator
  1. Sauteing
  2. Stir-Frying
  3. Searing
  4. Grilling
  5. Braising
  6. Stewing
  7. Steaming
  8. Baking
  9. Roasting
  10. Broiling
  11. Deep-Frying
  12. Blanching
  13. Boiling
  14. Simmering
  15. Poaching
  16. Sous Vide
I will request everyone to enlighten on each of the technique

1. Sauteing
One of the most popular cooking techniques, sauteing is quick and easy. produces a crisp, brown crust on meat and vegetables. Saute is a dry-heat cooking method, which involves cooking a small amount of fat in a hot pan while tossing ingredients around. For this technique to be successful, it is very important to get the pan hot before adding the fat in it, whether it be with butter or oil. Sauteing is also used to enhance the flavours in a dish by browning the surface area of food. Ingredients must be stirred regularly with a utensil throughout the sauteing process to ensure all ingredients are evenly exposed to the heat source.

2-Stir frying is a Chinese cooking technique in which ingredients are fried in a small amount of very hot oil while being stirred or tossed in a wok. The technique originated in China and in recent centuries has spread into other parts of Asia and the West. It is similar to sautéing in Western cooking technique.

Though I hv done this from google.. but I m very passionate abt all these cooking process..

And my favs are grilling, stewing, baking, roasting, poaching..

And I wanna know abt sous vide.. bcz sausages are my fav.. and I think this process is used to make sausages.. though I m not sure abt this..

Indeed this is a great post.. Liked it very much..

3. Searing

Searing is a cooking technique that exposes ingredients (typically red meat) to a high temperature to create a crisp browning on the outside. This method enhances the flavor of the dish and is often done in a small amount of oil, butter or fat. By cooking the surface of the food on high heat, a crispy, brown exterior is achieved, while maintaining the tenderness and moisture of the dish. Searing also adds another layer of flavor, and improves the texture of the ingredients through browning. The result is a deep caramelized crust that is ideal for preparing meat.

3. Grilling
This is a form of cooking that involves dry heat applied to the surface of food, commonly from above, below or from the side.[1] Grilling usually involves a significant amount of direct, radiant heat, and tends to be used for cooking meat and vegetables quickly. Food to be grilled is cooked on a grill (an open wire grid such as a gridiron with a heat source above or below), using a cast iron/frying pan, or a grill pan (similar to a frying pan, but with raised ridges to mimic the wires of an open grill).

Below is the picture of a portable charcoal grill..

Our delicacy all types of kebabs are also one type of grilling..

Attachments

• Grillen_-_BBQ_-_Barbeque_-_Fleisch_auf_dem_Grill.jpg
    Grillen_-_BBQ_-_Barbeque_-_Fleisch_auf_dem_Grill.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 1
  • images (31).jpeg
    images (31).jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1
Braising is a combination-cooking method that uses both wet and dry heats: typically, the food is first browned at a high temperature, then simmered in a covered pot in cooking liquid (such as wine, broth, coconut milk or beer). It is similar to stewing, but braising is done with less liquid and usually used for larger cuts of meat. Braising of meat is often referred to as pot roasting, though some authors make a distinction between the two methods, based on whether additional liquid is added.Osso buco and coq au vin are well known braised meat dishes, and the technique can be used to prepare fish, tempeh, tofu or fruits and vegetables.

250px-Braised_Ox_Cheek_in_Star_Anise_and_Soy_Sauce.jpg

Braised dishes often familiar to Westerners include pot roast, Red braised pork belly, Swiss steak, chicken cacciatore, goulash, Carbonade Flamande, coq au vin, sauerbraten, beef bourguignon, beef brisket, oxtail, and tajines, among others.

Braising is used extensively in the cuisines of Asia, particularly Chinese cuisine,Vietnamese cuisine and Taiwanese cuisine, where soy sauce (or in Vietnam, soy sauce and fish sauce) is often added to the braising liquid.

Last edited:
Stewing

When chunks of meat, seafood or vegetables are slow-simmered in a flavorful liquid brew, the result is a warming, comforting dish called a stew. Slow, moist cooking is the best way to tenderize tough cuts of meat (which happen to also be the most flavorful). Stews are also a great way to use up leftovers. And speaking of leftovers, most stews are more flavorful the next day.

methods-stewing-flickr-adactio-1498515945-4x3.jpg

Stewing is a combination cooking method that uses small, uniform pieces of meat that are totally immersed in liquid and slowly simmered. In this case, the food and the liquid are served together as one dish

morrocan-lamb-stew-in-pot-1024x1536.jpg

A stew is a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables and may include meat, especially tougher meats suitable for slow-cooking, such as beef, pork, lamb, poultry, sausages, and seafood. While water can be used as the stew-cooking liquid, stock is also common. A small amount of red wine is sometimes added for flavour. Seasoning and flavourings may also be added. Stews are typically cooked at a relatively low temperature (simmered, not boiled), allowing flavours to mingle.

What is the Difference Between Braising and Stewing?

Both are very similar cooking methods, but the primary difference between a braise and a stew is whether or not the protein is completely submerged in liquid. Braising usually uses whole, larger cuts of meat and the least amount of added liquid, while stews require food to be cut into uniform pieces and completely submerged in liquid. Sometimes these terms can be used interchangeably in the kitchen, but it’s helpful to know the technicalities.

If you’re making a larger pot roast, short ribs, or even a big batch of root vegetables, a braise may be the way to go. But when what you’re cooking features a rich broth or gravy that’s just as important as the main ingredient, you should use stewing as a technique.

Steaming is a method of cooking using steam. This is often done with a food steamer, a kitchen appliance made specifically to cook food with steam, but food can also be steamed in a wok. In the American southwest, steam pits used for cooking have been found dating back about 5,000 years. Steaming is considered a healthy cooking technique that can be used for many kinds of foods.
Because steaming can be achieved by heating less water, and because of the excellent thermodynamic heat transfer properties of steam, steaming can be as fast, or faster, than cooking in boiling water, as well as being more energy efficient.

P.S- I have told abt the steaming process.. now i m telling that i love momos... Someone gimme a treat♥️

Baking is a method of preparing food that uses dry heat, typically in an oven, but can also be done in hot ashes, or on hot stones. The most common baked item is bread but many other types of foods can be baked.[1] Heat is gradually transferred "from the surface of cakes, cookies, and pieces of bread to their center. As heat travels through, it transforms batters and doughs into baked goods and more with a firm dry crust and a softer center".[2] Baking can be combined with grilling to produce a hybrid barbecue variant by using both methods simultaneously, or one after the other. Baking is related to barbecuing because the concept of the masonry oven is similar to that of a smoke pit.

Baking has traditionally been performed at home for day-to-day meals and in bakeries and restaurants for local consumption. When production was industrialized, baking was automated by machines in large factories. The art of baking remains a fundamental skill and is important for nutrition, as baked goods, especially bread, are a common and important food, both from an economic and cultural point of view. A person who prepares baked goods as a profession is called a baker. On a related note, a pastry chef is someone who is trained in the art of making pastries, desserts, bread, and other baked goods.

P.S-who is gonna bake a cake now?​

Steaming is a method of cooking using steam. This is often done with a food steamer, a kitchen appliance made specifically to cook food with steam, but food can also be steamed in a wok. In the American southwest, steam pits used for cooking have been found dating back about 5,000 years. Steaming is considered a healthy cooking technique that can be used for many kinds of foods.
Because steaming can be achieved by heating less water, and because of the excellent thermodynamic heat transfer properties of steam, steaming can be as fast, or faster, than cooking in boiling water, as well as being more energy efficient.

P.S- I have told abt the steaming process.. now i m telling that i love momos... Someone gimme a treat♥️
Open offer from my side for the treat. Please let me know when you will be free and where you want to meet.:cool:

Last edited:
Baking is a method of preparing food that uses dry heat, typically in an oven, but can also be done in hot ashes, or on hot stones. The most common baked item is bread but many other types of foods can be baked.[1] Heat is gradually transferred "from the surface of cakes, cookies, and pieces of bread to their center. As heat travels through, it transforms batters and doughs into baked goods and more with a firm dry crust and a softer center".[2] Baking can be combined with grilling to produce a hybrid barbecue variant by using both methods simultaneously, or one after the other. Baking is related to barbecuing because the concept of the masonry oven is similar to that of a smoke pit.

Baking has traditionally been performed at home for day-to-day meals and in bakeries and restaurants for local consumption. When production was industrialized, baking was automated by machines in large factories. The art of baking remains a fundamental skill and is important for nutrition, as baked goods, especially bread, are a common and important food, both from an economic and cultural point of view. A person who prepares baked goods as a profession is called a baker. On a related note, a pastry chef is someone who is trained in the art of making pastries, desserts, bread, and other baked goods.

P.S-who is gonna bake a cake now?​

Next time when you will bake please invite me:giggle: