• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

Using Surfshark on Firestick for enhanced security: What settings should I consider?

Clay57

Hey everyone,

I recently subscribed to Surfshark, and I'm planning to use it on my Firestick to enhance my online security and privacy while streaming. However, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the settings and options available. I want to make sure I'm configuring everything correctly to ensure the best possible security.

For those of you who have experience with Surfshark on Firestick, please share your insights on the settings I should consider for optimal security and privacy. Specifically, I'm interested in aspects like encryption protocols, kill switch, DNS settings, and any other important features.
I'm not very tech-savvy, so if you could explain your recommendations in a beginner-friendly manner, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, are there any settings I should avoid touching to prevent any connectivity issues?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Here's a beginner-friendly guide on the settings you should consider:

1. Encryption Protocol:
- For the best security, use the default or recommended encryption protocol provided by Surfshark. Typically, this would be something like "OpenVPN (UDP)" or "OpenVPN (TCP)." Stick with the default settings unless you have specific reasons to change them.

2. Kill Switch:
- Enable the Kill Switch feature. This is crucial. It ensures that if the VPN connection drops for any reason, your internet connection will be immediately cut off to prevent your data from being exposed.

3. DNS Settings:
- Use the default DNS settings provided by Surfshark. These settings are typically configured to use Surfshark's DNS servers, which is more secure. Avoid manually changing DNS settings unless you have advanced knowledge in this area.

4. Split Tunneling:
- Surfshark offers a split tunneling feature that allows you to choose which apps or services use the VPN. This can be useful if you only want to protect specific apps and not others. However, for maximum privacy, it's usually best to route all traffic through the VPN.

5. Auto-Connect:
- Enable the auto-connect feature. This ensures that your Firestick automatically connects to Surfshark whenever it's turned on or when you launch a streaming app. This reduces the chance of forgetting to activate the VPN.

6. Server Selection:
- Surfshark offers a variety of server locations. You can either choose a specific location or use the "Fastest Server" option. In most cases, using the fastest server will provide a good balance of speed and security.

7. Obfuscation (Camouflage Mode):
- If you're in a region with strict internet censorship, consider enabling Surfshark's obfuscation mode (Camouflage Mode). This helps hide the fact that you're using a VPN, making it harder for ISPs or authorities to detect and block your VPN traffic.

8. Logging Policy:
- Surfshark has a strict no-logs policy, which means they don't keep records of your online activities. This is great for privacy. You don't need to configure this; it's a built-in policy.

9. Avoid Advanced Settings:
- If you're not tech-savvy, it's best to avoid advanced settings that you don't understand. Modifying settings like MTU, port numbers, or advanced routing options can lead to connectivity issues if not configured correctly.

Remember to regularly update your Surfshark app on your Firestick to ensure you have the latest security features and improvements. If you encounter any issues, you can always reach out to Surfshark's customer support for assistance. Enjoy your enhanced online security and privacy while streaming ☮️