• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

The Culture Of Entitlement

D

Deleted member 59

I didn't make any thorough research on the topic like I usually do, everything I am about to say on this topic (and I will try to be short about it) is based on my personal opinion built after long periods of observation of people in general (myself included).

I've been hearing/reading this word a lot lately, it's like something epidemic, one of the 21st century's most fatal illnesses.

en·ti·tle·ment: 1- the fact of having a right to something. 2- the amount to which a person has a right. 3- the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Ok so there are three possible meanings for this word, and the one I chose to see as something epidemic is the last one, nº3.

It gets me how we can act like we deserve things in life, and how we expect to be treated in certain ways, when we don't even think we ought to do the same.

It's like working in a company for many years, and just because you have worked there many years (not doing the best of your capability) you suddenly start to think you are entitled to do and say whatever you want. And I am giving this for instance, cause I used to be just like that. Worked for almost 5 years at the same place and suddenly thought I was the queen of the world. And that is sick.

No one who walks the surface on planet earth is entitled to anything, we all deserve respect, but if you don't give it then how do you expect to get it in return?

I have seen so many people act with so much entitlement and it's hilarious and at the same time sickening.

It's actually something quite delusional for me, cause everybody in the world seems to be forgetting that we are not that damn special to think we own everything, that we deserve everything, and that there's just absolute no need in treating others with a bit of kindness and respect, and yet expect them and everyone else to bow down and do what we want and say, kiss the floor we step on etc... I think it's past the time for all of us who still act like that, to take a step back and look at what we're doing, and how we're acting; because the minute we start thinking we are 'entitled' to things, well something is most definitely wrong.