• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

Food for thought

D

Deleted member 59

Well I think I've said in other threads that I'm a bookworm, which means I devour books (not literaly hehe) but I do read a lot, so I decided to post a list of the books that have some how helped me to change my perspective in certain matters such as life, death, my behaviour towards other people, religion, faith etc...

1- The Shack (William P. Young)
I got this book from my aunt who passed away a few years ago, she gave me this book a few month after the passing of my beloved grandmother, while I was going through a rough moment, I was angry at life, at God, at everything, and this book helped me to change how I felt, and see things differently. The story is about a man who loses his daughter ( I won't give spoilers) and meets with God and both have one of the most interesting and touching conversation. It covers topics, such as grief, life, death, and how we humans are not prepared to face them.

2- The Book of Proper Names (Amelie Nothomb)
I got this book from my mom on my 25th birthday and I read it all in one day! I just couldn't stop reading of how great it is. The book is about a girl named Plectrude and how her life changes through out time, and on my perception of how she can reinvent herself after experiencing some life issues. This book helped me to understand that no one in the planet, not even your own family can lable you or diminish you, and that we can always find and be the best version of ourselves.

3- De Profundis/The Ballad of Reading Gaol (Oscar Wilde)
This is a more literature book, of the kind we have to read to make a school/college paper, but trust me this book is worth reading and it will make you think and reflect about your actions especially when it comes to Love. De Profundis is a letter that became a book that Oscar Wilde wrote to his former lover while in prison. There he describes their story, how it all started, how it grew, and how it ruined him, he talks about love, false moral, the judgement of society, the illusions of this judgement. The poem is about a man he met in prison who was sentenced to death for killing his wife who had cheated on him. On the poem he describes the many ways we imperfect human beings kill love. This work is worth reading because it reminds us that none of us is perfect, we're bound to make mistakes and learn from them, grow from them.

4- Ana Karenina (Tolstoi)
I got this book from my grandma also on a birthday, and the book tells the story of Ana Karenina on the 19th century Russia, and it shows how her miserable life choices culminate on her tragic end (read and find out). This book helped me to understand how love sometimes can be overrated, overestimated and toxic. I know that there's a whole different social/cultural context, but still I stoped romanticizing things, and became more realistic when it comes to love. I think that helped me improve in some aspects of my life, and it opened my eyes in different ways.

5-Eat, Pray and Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)
I read this book online, and it tells the Story of Elizabeth Gilbert herself and of all she did in order to find herself again. She lived an unhappy life, unsatisfied with her job, not happy with her relationship, and one day she decides to abandon everything in order to feel again. I related a lot to her story, and I think most of us, if not all of us feel like that sometimes or every day. This book helped me to gather the courage I needed to end a toxic relationship and find happiness in other places and things. The book is not about a love story between a man and a woman, but between Elizabeth and life. We all need to live with intensity, we need to fell, we need to be happy, it's our right. And this book helped me to see that.

Now tell me what book/books have helped you?