• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

Ambul Thial ( Tamarind Clay pot Fish) - Sri Lankan Recipe

Bacon Girl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
AMBUL THIAL

Today i'm gonna share one of the best recipes in my country.... one of my favorite dishes :D
It's called Ambul Thiyal!
This hot sour, peppery dish was originally developed as a way to preserve fish in the south of Sri Lanka. It is now a picnic favorite all over the country and they love to eat this with rice, coconut sambol and a nice dhal curry ;) It is best to use with any dense, oily fish such as Tuna, Bonito or Mackeral

Ingredients :

1kg of black fish – Tuna or Mackeral
8cardamom pods
1/2 table spoon coriander
1/2 table spooncumin
1 table spoon roasted curry powder
1 teaspoonsalt
2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
1 stick of cinnamon
3 pieces of goroka
1 large onion diced chopped fine
2 green chillies
2 cloves garlic
1 sprig curry leaves
¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 slice of ginger
1 tsp of black pepper corns
water to cover the fish
juice of lime

Preparation :

Grind the cardamom pods, coriander, cumin, curry powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon chillies, garlic, chilli flakes, ginger, black pepper corns and goroka with a little water onto a grinding stone and make a paste. Set aside.
Wash and cut the fish into 4-6 pieces through the bone.
Place all the remaining ingredients in an earthenware chatty with 250 ml of water and mix until the paste has dissolved.
Mix in the fish and then cook over a coal fire, covered, until the water has evaporated.

If you taste this once, im sure you'll eat this ever day! :D

AMBUL THIAL

Today i'm gonna share one of the best recipes in my country.... one of my favorite dishes :D
It's called Ambul Thiyal!
This hot sour, peppery dish was originally developed as a way to preserve fish in the south of Sri Lanka. It is now a picnic favorite all over the country and they love to eat this with rice, coconut sambol and a nice dhal curry ;) It is best to use with any dense, oily fish such as Tuna, Bonito or Mackeral

Ingredients :

1kg of black fish – Tuna or Mackeral
8cardamom pods
1/2 table spoon coriander
1/2 table spooncumin
1 table spoon roasted curry powder
1 teaspoonsalt
2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
1 stick of cinnamon
3 pieces of goroka
1 large onion diced chopped fine
2 green chillies
2 cloves garlic
1 sprig curry leaves
¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 slice of ginger
1 tsp of black pepper corns
water to cover the fish
juice of lime

Preparation :

Grind the cardamom pods, coriander, cumin, curry powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon chillies, garlic, chilli flakes, ginger, black pepper corns and goroka with a little water onto a grinding stone and make a paste. Set aside.
Wash and cut the fish into 4-6 pieces through the bone.
Place all the remaining ingredients in an earthenware chatty with 250 ml of water and mix until the paste has dissolved.
Mix in the fish and then cook over a coal fire, covered, until the water has evaporated.

If you taste this once, im sure you'll eat this ever day! :D
Whoa, will surely try this someday..