• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

Adulting

D

Deleted member 59

Lately I've been having these thoughts about life and growing up and such popping up on my head. It's not like I hadn't had them before, it's more like they've become frequent and I decided to give them the proper and deserved attention.

I almost always have some insights while working or studying, both moments I am surrounded by people, different individuals who have very singular perspectives on life and the world and on what it means to really grow up.

As kids and teens we experience the times of pure freedom, the purest form we will ever find. People show a bigger ability to understand and comprehend our erratic behavior then, because we're still living the social and biological process of growing up. We tend to comfort children when they cry and get angry, we tend to explain that things will be ok and help them calm down. We give some space to raging teenagers and help them find a way of coping with their often unsteady emotions. But we do it by telling them that when they grow up, crying over something that hurts you, even though it may seem something small and unimportant, it's not acceptable.

Since childhood we're thought that as adults we must learn how to let go of feelings, to ignore our emotions and put on a brave face, and move on no matter what... My job puts me in contact with a lot of people and something I noticed on these past few days was many of sad eyes... smiling faces, but deeply sad eyes. Many of them have successful careers, they travel and eat well, but when you look at them you see there's something missing. It's a shame isn't it? That in order to grow up and become socially acceptable adults we must give up on so much...

very thoughtful...
we are so hung up with " where we want to be " ..that we forget "where we are " and we miss lil joyful things that life offers in various shapes n forms..
we have been badly conditioned....that my friend is the biggest tragedy of our times..