
When I separated my heart from my mind
Because somewhere along the way
they stopped wanting the same things
My heart still holds on to memories
my mind keeps telling me to let go of
My heart remembers every little moment
the words, the laughter, the silence,
the things that once made everything feel beautiful once..
But my mind remembers the things
my heart keeps trying to forget.. Like always
The disappointments
The unanswered questions
The moments I stayed quiet
when I should have spoken
The times I smiled
when something inside me was quietly breaking
My heart says,
“Maybe things will change”
My mind says,
“How many more times will you wait?”
My heart says,
“But I still care”
My mind replies,
“Caring doesn't mean you have to keep hurting”
And that's where I get stuck
Between what I feel
and what I know
My heart wants to hold on
because letting go feels like admitting
that something I deeply valued
couldn't stay forever
My mind wants to walk away
because it knows that sometimes
peace is more important than an answer
So I separated them..
I let my heart feel everything
without letting it make every decision
And I let my mind understand everything
without forcing it to become cold
Maybe I don't have to choose
between being emotional and being strong
Maybe strength is learning
to let my heart remain soft
while teaching my mind
where to draw the line
Because I don't want a heart
that stops loving just because it was hurt
And I don't want a mind
that becomes so tired of protecting me
that it forgets how to feel
I just want them to meet somewhere in the middle…
Where my heart can finally say,
“I loved sincerely.”
And my mind can quietly answer,
“Yes… and now, love yourself sincerely too.”
Maybe that's what healing really is—
Not killing the heart.
Not silencing the mind.
But teaching both
to walk together again…
without losing myself along the way.
Maayaa Scribbles