• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

Health Benefits of Eating an Orange

MrChocolate

Mr.Chill Pill
Chat Pro User
a bowl of oranges on a table: Health Benefits of Eating an Orange

Oranges are loved as a fruit as they are tasty, juicy and easy to eat. They are quite handy during journeys as well because there is no cutting and chopping involved.

While an orange is convenient as a fruit it is also highly nutritious and an effective immunity booster. Its rich Vitamin C content is a boon for those with weak immune system. Other than that an orange is also rich in antioxidants and minerals which are extremely essential for a healthy body.

Let us discuss the further health benefits that eating an orange can provide you with:

A Healthy Heart

Considering lifestyle now-a-days, heart diseases are becoming pretty common. Studies show that the percentage of people under 30 suffering a heart attack is increasing rapidly. Thus, it becomes essential to take good care of your heart and it can be as easy as having small quantities of orange juice on a daily basis. The flavonoids present in oranges reduce the risk of heart diseases, so researchers suggest a regular intake of orange juice.

Prevent Kidney Stone

Kidney is yet another organ which is increasingly at risk with diseases like Kidney Stone at an increase among youth and adults. Oranges, being a rich source of citric acid and citrates, play an important role in the prevention of kidney stone formation.

Keeps Anaemia away

Anaemia is caused due to deficiency of iron. Although oranges are not a premium source of iron, they are rich in ascorbic acid and citric acid, which enhance the absorption of iron during the process of digestion. Thus, oranges, consumed along with iron-rich foods help in preventing anaemia.

In conclusion, oranges fall among very healthy fruits with hardly any bad effects. In fact, even if you have a sore throat, oranges can be helpful as they are rich in Vitamin C. So make it a habit to consume them on a daily basis.

I created Nick name orange to one of my class mate in school & later she becomes my gf but If she got to know I was created that nick & its meaning, she might hv killed me. Ooh am I diverting the thread, no no I too talk abt oranges lol

Benefits of eating oranges

High in Vitamin C

Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C. One orange offers 116.2 per cent of the daily value for vitamin C. Good intake of vitamin C is associated with a reduced risk of colon cancer as it helps to get of free radicals that cause damage to our DNA.

Healthy immune system

Vitamin C, which is also vital for the proper function of a healthy immune system, is good for preventing colds and preventing recurrent ear infections.

Prevents skin damage

Anti-oxidants in oranges help protect skin from free radical damage known to cause signs of aging. An orange a day can help you look young even at 50!

Keeps blood pressure under check

Oranges, being rich in Vitamins B6, help support the production of haemoglobin and also help keep blood pressure under check due to the presence of magnesium.

Lowers cholesterol

According to a study by US and Canadian researchers, a class of compounds found in citrus fruit peels called Polymethoxylated Flavones (PMFs) have the potential to lower cholesterol more effectively than some prescription drugs without side effects.

Controls blood sugar level

Fibre in oranges help by keeping blood sugar levels under control thereby making oranges a healthy snack for people with diabetes. Moreover, oranges have simple sugars. The natural fruit sugar in oranges, fructose, can help keep blood sugar levels from rising too high after eating. Its glycemic index is 40 and normally whatever foods fall under 50 are considered to be low in sugar. However, that does not mean you go about eating too many oranges in one go. Eating too much can spike insulin and may even lead to weight gain.

Lowers the risk of cancer

Oranges contain D- limonene, a compound that is touted to prevent cancers like lung cancer, skin cancer and even breast cancer. Vitamin C and antioxidants present in oranges are both important to build body’s immunity – they help in fighting cancer. The fibrous nature of the fruit also makes it cancer protective. According to a study, up to 15 per cent of cancer cases happen because of mutations in the DNA, which can be prevented with Vitamin C.

Alkalizes the body

While the basic nature of oranges is acidic before you actually digest them, they have a lot of alkaline minerals that play a role in the process of digestion. This property of oranges is similar to that of lemons, which are without doubt among the most alkaline foods.

Good eye health

Oranges are a rich source of carotenoid. The Vitamin A present in them play an important role in keeping the mucus membranes in the eyes healthy. Vitamin A is also responsible to prevent age-related mascular degeneration, which in extreme cases can lead to blindness. It also helps eyes to absorb the light.

Safeguards against constipation

Oranges have both soluble and insoluble fibre. This helps in keeping your intestines and stomach function smooth, preventing irritable bowel syndrome. Additionally, the fibre helps treat constipation to a greater extent.

1. Protects your cells from damage.
  2. Helps your body make collagen, a protein that heals wounds and gives you smoother skin.
  3. Makes it easier to absorb iron to fight anemia.
  4. Boosts your immune system, your body's defense against germs.
@Orange -i need above mentioned benefits
:spoileralert::spoileralert: