• Hello People, The Chat Room is Still Under Development , So please bare with the time.We are trying to make it the best.-Team ZoZo

Do you trust the reviews in imdb and rotten tomatoes?

Hunkkk

Chat Pro User
For indian films i never check the rating....But when i watch a random movie on OTT platforms then i will check Imdb rating to know whether it's worth watching

Deepak Kiran

Encyclopedia of ZoZo
Chat Pro User
I will not check with IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes before a watching movie.

But I do check these sites for reviews and ratings after watching the movies

Anonymous

shhh
Staff member
Administrator
IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes saves some time before i decide to commit time into the movie. However Imdb and Rotten Tomatoes are way more different when it comes to reviews. IMDB is more like User review and Rotten Tomatoes is critics review. However you can check both to Check a movie. I used to prefer imdb before but now i lean more towards Rotten Tomatoes.

Goddess of Wisdom

Miss Congeniality
This question is the biggest debate among movie fans. Still there is a confusion about which is reliable for movie rating.
I’m going with IMDB.

IMDB is completely user driven, ratings of all films depend solely on average users who just go the website and rate movies they’ve watched. Now, this thing might be assumed as ‘overrated ratings’ or ‘underrated ratings’. Because everyone has their personal choice and according to it they are submitted their views.

Not all votes by users onimdb have the same weightage. Users who rate more films and generally rate a film closer to its average are given more preference in the ‘weighted average’ score imbd calculates. This moderation method has proved successful for imdb over the years.

Rotten Tomatoes is a critics-powered site. The opinion of the average cinema-goer is not taken into account. If the critics like the film, the film gets a fresh rating (above 60%) or else it is doomed to rot in the rotten category. This rating is a general average of the ratings from all the critics registered with the site.

You also can be a critic at Rotten Tomatoes, but for that you need to be a writer at major media organization.

Why IMDB?(in my point of view)

Quite simply, imdb lets the common man vote. Rotten Tomatoes has an elite group of individuals voting for their movies. I really would like a democratic system formed by a number of people with similar characteristics to myself to help me choose which movie to watch.