• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

Abuse, trolling and the internet bullies

D

Deleted member 59

Recently we all have been reading those words, and I noticed that most people using them don't really know what they mean, so I decided to make a post about it to make sure we all understand what the topic is really about, what abuse and trolling really means.

So during my research I found an article published by The Sun containing the main definition of what a troll is like: "A troll is someone who writes deliberately controversial comments online, with the aim of provoking a reaction." "The word 'troll' is slang for a person who deliberately starts arguments on the internet with the aim of provoking an individual or group into a reaction."

Trolls are constant presences on every social media, online chat rooms and so on, they can be easily identified by the way they announce themselves, or the way they speak, or how they choose targets with no specific reasons and attack them over and over again. They take pleasure in the attention they get from people in general, the more yelling the meririer, the more frustration they cause the happier they feel, for them it's like a job well done. We have exemples of those individuals daily on social media, that attack celebrities aiming to get the attention of their fan base, who will not let bad comments against their idols go unnoticed.

It's hard to understand why they do it, I don't see how is possible for any human being to legit take pleasure in hurting others with mean comments online, I don't know what makes a person think they're so entitled to offend and attack others; it's a true mystery to me. Maybe they have sad lives, maybe violence is all they know, maybe they're trolled and bullied in real life and the internet gives them this twisted idea of a power they don't have, a right they don't possess.

Now back to the article, the main recommendation they give to people in general is to ignore the trolls. They feed of the attention given, with zero attention, with no audience, with no one to get the bait, they tend to leave, no drama then no fun.

"Trolls will make deliberately cruel, racist, homophobic and sexist comments - or even tell people to kill themselves - then sit back to enjoy the outraged responses."

One side comment about the excerpt from the article: I have seen those kind of people online, and it is disgusting. Something I always say to others be it online or not, is that you never know what that person might be going through, you don't know if that other human being suffers from any disease, mental health issues etc. Sometimes that person has been through so much, that what seems to be a "joke" something "harmless" was the last draw for that person make the decision of committing suicide. Most that are reading may think, wow so dramatic, but I've seen it happen. I know what real abuse and trolling can do to people.

So now we know what trolling really means, and how trolls operate, now let's talk about abuse. By definition abuse means two things:

- use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.

- treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

And just like the trolling it starts with no reason, because let's face it, no one has a real reason to treat others like trash in this planet, no matter the color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, origin. No one has the right to verbally abuse anyone.

This is an excerpt from an artcile by the Huffington Post: "Women’s experiences in online spaces - particularly those of us who express feminist sentiments - are often characterised by sexist harassment and abuse. We are called bitches, whores and worse; we endure uninvited sexual comments and images, messages encouraging us to suicide, threats of violence and rape and appraisals of our bodies from men contemplating how rapeable we are."

That is an exemple of what abuse really is.

All those two terms explained above are tied to a bigger issue, that has caused more damage than we dare to admit, especially among teenagers, and that is cyberbulling. Accordind to the Cambrige dictionary, cyberbully means: someone who uses the internet to harm or frighten another person,especially by sending them unpleasant messages.

So by definition a cyberbully is someone who intentionally targets someone wit the intent of harming them, of causing them pain.

Now that we know what those words really mean, I thinkn we all (and I include myself in it) should stop and think about how we act towards people in general. The trolling happens even when we don't have the intention of doing so. It starts with a comment, something we think is so small, but for others are just too big and too upsetting. In some cases we do have a tad of intention of starting all that just cause we have the dellusional idea we have the right to say whatever we want, and yet we don't expect to find someone who will talk back. So what happens when you start the abuse and get abused back, and complains about this abuse? Is it really a fair complaint since you provoked it all? What happens when your opinion offends people and you think no one is allowed to voice their thoughts? In my opinion it puts you in the same place of an abuser/troll/cyberbully, you're no better than they are.

But the harsh truth about bullying, online or offline, is that it's something that will never stop. You have to learn to defend yourself against people, and that is coming from someone who was bullied in highschool to the point of having to drop out. If I knew then what I know now I most likely would have stayed in school, but even as an adult I still have issues learning to defend myself against people (even here on zozo lol).

But I also wonder how many people can say they haven't been a bully at some point. Probably not many, even I have (online at least).

But this is easier said than done in most cases, especially if a bully is in a position of power or influence and is willing to use it as a means of oppression. And because of that, most victims feel helpless to do anything against their oppressors.

So sg are u saying when u give ur oppion out ur a bully or a troll as well or what i read all what u said but that last part stupped me i have always gave my oppion on everything and never seen jt as being a bully just being honest with what i see or hear givd my too scence on it and never saw that as being a bully but if u think that is then um ok but i will always give out my oppion no matter what and like i say kf the person dont have tough skin and cant take what im dishing out thrn so be it thats there fault for not taking the oppion well no matter what there issue is we all have problems that we deal with in this world and this is anothernon e
Foxy lol I am not talking about you hun :p I thought it would be a good thing to settle the difference between real bullying/trolling/abusing and what people seem to think they are. The post is with the intent of clarification and reflection on the topic, nothing more. When I mention the giving opinion part is not to honest/strong opinions in general, but it's about people who are actually trolling/abusing/bullying and don't want to admit. You don't have that bullying material in you because you speak your mind :) that's actually a great thing. But there's a difference in speaking your mind and attacking people and that's what I am talking about.

Maybe u all should try that instead of being a bitch to ppl who speak there damn minds
Well, As said whatever you speak here there will be people always against that !And i think issues related to chat are getting worser these days. I certainly don't find any answers for any of these . No matter how many times you try .there are certain points where we must understand arguing with people online whom we never knew of is completely waste of time ! Its good you speak up your minds but certainly there will be more who wants to do the same ! And its all gonna be fun when u think these are real waste of time .

Well, As said whatever you speak here there will be people always against that !And i think issues related to chat are getting worser these days. I certainly don't find any answers for any of these . No matter how many times you try .there are certain points where we must understand arguing with people online whom we never knew of is completely waste of time ! Its good you speak up your minds but certainly there will be more who wants to do the same ! And its all gonna be fun when u think these are real waste of time .
I'm starting to go down that road @Insomniac lol things are getting funnier and funnier lol

Wait..So Foxy...you can speak your mind, but anyone else that does in a negative fashion against you or anyone else is...Bullying? what if what we are saying is just speaking out mind?
And when i say negative fashion, i mean, anyone that doesn't agree with your doesn't like something. so is that bullying or not? cuz from what you said, you can speak your mind, not be happy and disagree with stuff that happens in chat and in the forum, but when it actually comes down to it...that's not ok. CHANGE MY MIND.

And when i say negative fashion, i mean, anyone that doesn't agree with your doesn't like something. so is that bullying or not? cuz from what you said, you can speak your mind, not be happy and disagree with stuff that happens in chat and in the forum, but when it actually comes down to it...that's not ok. CHANGE MY MIND.
Said more or less the same thing to her yesterday, apparently the rules she makes up do not count for her. 'DoubleStandards (she deleted both the posts, sorry).

K I'm making one last post to settle all this.

Yes I 100% understand and realise my own behaviour in the chat room is annoying to deal with. I don't talk about my personal problems with anybody in real life and I tend to use the internet as a place to vent. And I will absolutely stop doing it, but I will not apologize for it just because I'm not apologizing for being mentally ill.

However...I will apologize for the thing regarding Otter because Aphrodite brought it up. It's been bothering me for a while and I am sorry for it. I have my reasons for why I did it, but I won't explain it publically (I've already told an Admin this story).

Yeah. Nothing else to say at this point. ^^'

i wasn't gonna comment on this however certain people who hate a lot here said stuff on other threads and heres what i wanna say there is bullying on this chat and it comes from a bunch of people but in my case some people who others think are bullying may not be bullying in my eyes idk i can call out names on here and some know who i'm speaking of the people who have commented so far on this post i haven't had any or much trouble with and i consider u my friends however names on bullying its real simple u have a mod who threatens and bullies and bans without cause or reason just to amuse himself and u have a an admin when she doesn't get her way she yells at you for freedom of speech now these are some of my examples everyone has their own bullies here and this should be stopped i saw a comment on another thread that a person wrote and it is just sickening about how a user gets attacked for saying stuff on here its just so damn sad be as it will this is how i feel like it or not i know who my friends are and i know who my bullies are i love my friends and for the bullies i give u a smile cause you can't get to me thanks for listening :)

K I'm making one last post to settle all this.

Yes I 100% understand and realise my own behaviour in the chat room is annoying to deal with. I don't talk about my personal problems with anybody in real life and I tend to use the internet as a place to vent. And I will absolutely stop doing it, but I will not apologize for it just because I'm not apologizing for being mentally ill.

However...I will apologize for the thing regarding Otter because Aphrodite brought it up. It's been bothering me for a while and I am sorry for it. I have my reasons for why I did it, but I won't explain it publically (I've already told an Admin this story).

Yeah. Nothing else to say at this point. ^^'
I didn't mean to offend you by calling out the thing with otter or your mental heath I know what it is like ..you have heard of what I went though but it goes further back abuse ..sexual abuse ..mental torture..rape I've been thought it all but it gives me the anger and strength to fight ..SC you have so much going for you . Your beautiful ..smart ..you can seriously do stuff you never thought you could if you FIGHT use it don't let it use you ...use the darkness as a light trust me it works that's all I wanna say ..ps next time don't trust the drunken words of a otter even if he is cute ...they tend to lead to trouble or a constant hangover you fall in love with (I know )

Trolling; there’s no “true” definition of the word, it was discussed countless times but no definition was ever provided, back in the IRC hey days, trolling was the art of causing chaos through illogical fallacies which people fell for. Usually ended up in hilarious results. (Guilty! Lol)

Bullies on the internet are just online, that’s it. When it goes beyond the realm of online it becomes a major problem. You can block the user quite easily or (if executed exquisitely troll them). However, it’s best to block them at the first sign.
I myself am a victim of harrasment, I won’t be dropping names for the sake of integrity. However I am not the only one that’s had it done too by this particular user, in fact their obsession over myself is becoming somewhat psychotic.
Harassment online takes many forms, from false information, outright defamation to personal attacks and in some cases gathering very personal info to cause serious damage.

When it comes to bullies, harassers etc online. My method is just to block them, they’ll get their come uppance soon enough.

In some cases bullies don't even know or can't admit they have a problem they just spew hate and think it's normal maybe they had an abusive upbringing who knows maybe they blackmail people into having power no one really knows the answer to be quite honest everyone is the same no one is better then the other it just pains me to think that some have egos the size of the world thinking their shit don't stink anyways karma sucks and she will get you bullies 1 day so laugh it up and have fun god knows the sinners :)

While I think Taco’s response is partially true in the sense of upbringing and environmental conditions.
I believe there is another reason and it is because the bully or harasser feels inferior to the person they are harassing or bullying. Aka a threat to themselves.
So by spreading false rumours, lies etc and speaking ill of others, they feel they can one up the person they feel inferior too.

I’ve seen this happen countless times, in the street, at work etc, had it done to me before and it’s still happening now, so what do I do? Let it slide, like water off a ducks back.
I believe there was a saying from a TV

While I think Taco’s response is partially true in the sense of upbringing and environmental conditions.
I believe there is another reason and it is because the bully or harasser feels inferior to the person they are harassing or bullying. Aka a threat to themselves.
So by spreading false rumours, lies etc and speaking ill of others, they feel they can one up the person they feel inferior too.

I’ve seen this happen countless times, in the street, at work etc, had it done to me before and it’s still happening now, so what do I do? Let it slide, like water off a ducks back.
I believe there was a saying from a TV show

Oops, forgot this bit at the end. “If you continue to feel threatened by those around you, you will live in constant misery”

I didn't mean to offend you by calling out the thing with otter or your mental heath I know what it is like ..you have heard of what I went though but it goes further back abuse ..sexual abuse ..mental torture..rape I've been thought it all but it gives me the anger and strength to fight ..SC you have so much going for you . Your beautiful ..smart ..you can seriously do stuff you never thought you could if you FIGHT use it don't let it use you ...use the darkness as a light trust me it works that's all I wanna say ..ps next time don't trust the drunken words of a otter even if he is cute ...they tend to lead to trouble or a constant hangover you fall in love with (I know )

:heart1:

I hope all the issues going on with the chat room blows over soon and you do not step down as an admin.

Recently we all have been reading those words, and I noticed that most people using them don't really know what they mean, so I decided to make a post about it to make sure we all understand what the topic is really about, what abuse and trolling really means.

So during my research I found an article published by The Sun containing the main definition of what a troll is like: "A troll is someone who writes deliberately controversial comments online, with the aim of provoking a reaction." "The word 'troll' is slang for a person who deliberately starts arguments on the internet with the aim of provoking an individual or group into a reaction."

Trolls are constant presences on every social media, online chat rooms and so on, they can be easily identified by the way they announce themselves, or the way they speak, or how they choose targets with no specific reasons and attack them over and over again. They take pleasure in the attention they get from people in general, the more yelling the meririer, the more frustration they cause the happier they feel, for them it's like a job well done. We have exemples of those individuals daily on social media, that attack celebrities aiming to get the attention of their fan base, who will not let bad comments against their idols go unnoticed.

It's hard to understand why they do it, I don't see how is possible for any human being to legit take pleasure in hurting others with mean comments online, I don't know what makes a person think they're so entitled to offend and attack others; it's a true mystery to me. Maybe they have sad lives, maybe violence is all they know, maybe they're trolled and bullied in real life and the internet gives them this twisted idea of a power they don't have, a right they don't possess.

Now back to the article, the main recommendation they give to people in general is to ignore the trolls. They feed of the attention given, with zero attention, with no audience, with no one to get the bait, they tend to leave, no drama then no fun.

"Trolls will make deliberately cruel, racist, homophobic and sexist comments - or even tell people to kill themselves - then sit back to enjoy the outraged responses."

One side comment about the excerpt from the article: I have seen those kind of people online, and it is disgusting. Something I always say to others be it online or not, is that you never know what that person might be going through, you don't know if that other human being suffers from any disease, mental health issues etc. Sometimes that person has been through so much, that what seems to be a "joke" something "harmless" was the last draw for that person make the decision of committing suicide. Most that are reading may think, wow so dramatic, but I've seen it happen. I know what real abuse and trolling can do to people.

So now we know what trolling really means, and how trolls operate, now let's talk about abuse. By definition abuse means two things:

- use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.

- treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

And just like the trolling it starts with no reason, because let's face it, no one has a real reason to treat others like trash in this planet, no matter the color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, origin. No one has the right to verbally abuse anyone.

This is an excerpt from an artcile by the Huffington Post: "Women’s experiences in online spaces - particularly those of us who express feminist sentiments - are often characterised by sexist harassment and abuse. We are called bitches, whores and worse; we endure uninvited sexual comments and images, messages encouraging us to suicide, threats of violence and rape and appraisals of our bodies from men contemplating how rapeable we are."

That is an exemple of what abuse really is.

All those two terms explained above are tied to a bigger issue, that has caused more damage than we dare to admit, especially among teenagers, and that is cyberbulling. Accordind to the Cambrige dictionary, cyberbully means: someone who uses the internet to harm or frighten another person,especially by sending them unpleasant messages.

So by definition a cyberbully is someone who intentionally targets someone wit the intent of harming them, of causing them pain.

Now that we know what those words really mean, I thinkn we all (and I include myself in it) should stop and think about how we act towards people in general. The trolling happens even when we don't have the intention of doing so. It starts with a comment, something we think is so small, but for others are just too big and too upsetting. In some cases we do have a tad of intention of starting all that just cause we have the dellusional idea we have the right to say whatever we want, and yet we don't expect to find someone who will talk back. So what happens when you start the abuse and get abused back, and complains about this abuse? Is it really a fair complaint since you provoked it all? What happens when your opinion offends people and you think no one is allowed to voice their thoughts? In my opinion it puts you in the same place of an abuser/troll/cyberbully, you're no better than they are.
Good